Gray Nicolls Cobra 1750 Cricket Bat (Ready Play) [Size : SH - FULL SIZE]
or 4 payments of $162.49 with Learn more
Senior Cricket bat
Select Grade 1 English Willow
Low Sweet spot
Play Now Preparation
The COBRA returns for a second season, with a cosmetic update! GN's POWERCURVE face coupled with COBRA's distinctively lower profile; this bat is designed to enhance front foot play without compromising back foot shots.
These bats have been prepared using Gray-Nicolls latest innovation 'PLAY NOW' - meaning this bat has been pressed, oiled and hand knocked in prior to arriving in our stores!
- SWEET SPOT POSITION = Low: Performs at its best when players hit through the 'V' with a straight bat. Often favoured by those who play at the top of the order or find themselves on lower bouncing wickets. Crush a drive with one of these and the bowlers will know they're in for trouble.
- PREPARATION = GN Play Now!: This bat has been oiled, pressed, had extratec applied and hand knocked at it's factory of origin. However, we still strongly recommend 'playing in' before match use.
- BOW = Standard: The regular bow found in the majority of modern cricket bats which gets your hands slightly ahead of the ball for ease of stroke play. It also helps the cricket bat feel more aggressive.
- EDGES = Big: These edges are heading close to the magic 40mm mark. Big edges make for a forgiving and powerful cricket bat with a wider sweet spot. Please be aware that junior bats can still have big edges but they will be relative to 40mm due to their size.
- SPINE HEIGHT = Medium: Often combined with big edges to create a forgiving bat with an extra wide hitting zone which still rewards striking the blade out of the very middle.
- PROFILE SHAPE = Slightly Scalloped: A small amount of scalloping is seen in a very large amount of cricket bats. The goal is to save weight while still making the sweet spot as wide as possible. Even very high quality bats can contain a small amount of scalloping in order to reduce their weight.
- FACE = Curved: The traditional curved style of bat face has many important benefits. The rounded face provides a refined direction of power throughout the hitting zone & also allows more flexibility for players keen to work the ball with their wrists.
- HANDLE TYPE = Semi-Oval: A happy medium that brings the benefits of both oval & round handles. This shape aids alignment, slightly weakens the bottom hand for more controlled stroke play and still allows for creative use of the bottom hand.
- TOE = Toe Guard: This bat has been fitted with a toe guard.
|Gray Nicolls Cricket