Gray Nicolls Vapour 1400 Cricket Bat [Size: SH - FULL SIZE]
or 4 payments of $162.50 with Learn more
Senior Cricket bat
Superior Grade 2 English Willow
High Sweet spot
A new addition to the Gray-Nicolls family and the perfect blend of power and pickup. The VAPOUR has a high profile with big edges and a POWERCURVE face. These bats have a substantial bow, allowing the players hands to be directly above the ball for ultimate control and feel. The VAPOUR will have you spraying balls over the boundary!
- SWEET SPOT POSITION = High: Performs at its best when players hit square of the wicket with a horizontal bat. Often favoured by those who find themselves on high bouncing wickets. A high sweet spot also means more weight is closer to the player's hands making for the lightest possible pickup.
- PREPARATION = Pre-Prepared: This cricket bat has been pressed and/or had extratec applied at its factory of origin. However, it still needs to go through the full hand knocking-in process. While this cricket bat sadly isn't ready for use against leather balls just yet, the preparation process is well on its way and can be completed easily.
- BOW = Enhanced: A very aggressive style bow made for attacking cricket & striking fear into bowlers. The extra leverage towards the toe can be an excellent tool on lower bouncing wickets.
- EDGES = Big: These edges are heading close to the magic 40mm mark. Big edges make for a forgiving and powerful cricket bat with a wider sweet spot. Please be aware that junior bats can still have big edges but they will be relative to 40mm due to their size.
- SPINE HEIGHT = Medium: Often combined with big edges to create a forgiving bat with an extra wide hitting zone which still rewards striking the blade out of the very middle.
- PROFILE SHAPE = Slightly Scalloped: A small amount of scalloping is seen in a very large amount of cricket bats. The goal is to save weight while still making the sweet spot as wide as possible. Even very high quality bats can contain a small amount of scalloping in order to reduce their weight.
- FACE = Curved: The traditional curved style of bat face has many important benefits. The rounded face provides a refined direction of power throughout the hitting zone & also allows more flexibility for players keen to work the ball with their wrists.
- HANDLE TYPE = Semi-Oval: A happy medium that brings the benefits of both oval & round handles. This shape aids alignment, slightly weakens the bottom hand for more controlled stroke play and still allows for creative use of the bottom hand.
- TOE = Toe Guard: This bat has been fitted with a toe guard.
|Brand||Gray Nicolls Cricket|